Our goal is to provide competitive playing opportunities for children who are enthusiastic about the game, who desire to develop skills to a higher level, and want to have fun while doing so with paid - certified/licensed coaches.


The program is aimed at the achievement of excellence, toward everyone playing their best, and further developing an appreciation for competition and sportsmanship. The U15 - U19 program focuses on the development of individual players and teams, with an emphasis on:

  • Technical Skills and Body Mechanics

  • Tactical Knowledge and Decision Making

  • Preparation for High School and College Soccer


Tryouts for the U15-19 2020/21 season have concluded. If you're interested in joining a team mid-season, please e-mail for more information. 

Portland City United Soccer Club


  • After careful consideration, our staff has made the decision to no longer have our U15-U19 teams participate in OYSA’s fall league. It has been our commitment, since the beginning of the 2020/21 season, to prioritize the health and safety of our club members during all club activities and operations.

  • At this time, we do not feel it is in the best interest of our club members to participate. We will continue to work with OYSA and other partner clubs to find safe formats for games, leagues and competition moving forward.

  • We will continue to prioritize outdoor activities for our players by providing three training sessions and/or games each week through the fall season, in order to maintain the same amount of playing time that we would have in a typical season. 

  • There are no changes to the fall practice schedule at this time. More information on the club’s winter programs, winter training schedule, and the spring league will be provided soon.



All practices are held at the newly re-turfed Buckman Field, completed Summer 2020. 

  • All players are required to wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth before, during and after training sessions.

  • Any individual entering the facility should do so from the 12th Avenue entrances. When exciting the facility, individuals should do so at the 15th Avenue exits or the Davis Street exit.

  • Parents are required to stay outside of the field complex (e.g. in vehicles or outside the field complex perimeter) for drop-off and pick-up. 

  • For practices, do not arrive more than 5-10 minutes before your scheduled start time. For games, do not arrive more than 20 minutes before your scheduled start time. If you do, please remain in your car or outside of the field complex. Players and coaches must leave the field immediately after training sessions and games. Practice social distancing (6 feet) and wear a mask when entering and exiting the facility.

  • Wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer before and after all training sessions. Bring personal hand sanitizer with you to every training.

  • Players should wear their red PCU jersey to practice and games, and they should bring their white and black jerseys as alternate tops.

  • Do not touch or share anyone else’s equipment, water, bag, or any other items.

  • Use the restroom and fill up water bottles before arriving at training and games, as restrooms and water fountains may not be available at field complexes.

  • Place bags and equipment at least 6 feet apart.

  • Wash and sanitize all equipment before and after training sessions and games.

  • No group celebrations, high fives, hugs, handshakes, or non-essential contact of any kind. No spitting,



Payment plans and scholarships are available. Applications MUST be submitted within 3 days of being offered a spot on a team. Listed fees do not include uniforms and tournament fees.  

$1395, per player


PCU's outstanding team of coaches are dedicated to giving our members the best possible club soccer experience.

We strive to surround our members with coaches that are successful on and off the field. Each coach brings their own style of coaching, but each one is committed to providing a professional atmosphere to all club soccer events. Our paid coaching staff complete Background Checks, SafeSport Training, Concussion training and are evaluated regularly.




Uniforms are available at Tursi Soccer and are not included in the annual player's program fees. All players are required to wear the PCU Uniform and Training Gear to all practices and games. Before placing your order through Tursi's online store, contact your coach to confirm your player's jersey number. 

When ordering you can either enter in your confirmed jersey number if you know your size and you do NOT want to try on your uniform in the store before finalizing the purchase, or do not enter a jersey number during your online order if you're unsure of the desired size. 

ALL PCU players also receive a 15% discount on all additional purchases made in the Tursi store including futsal shoes, cleats, balls and shinguards. 



Red Training Jersey - $20

White Game Jersey - $28

Black Game Jersey - $45

Shorts - $18 

Socks - $10

Total: $121.00


Rain Jacket - $75

Hoodie - $48

Sweatpants - $40

Backpack - $45

Graduation Ceremony



Portland City United Soccer Club is committed to providing our student athletes with the resources, information, and support needed to find the right school to continue their soccer experience beyond the club and high school levels.


Our College Information packet is designed to help players and families navigate the college search and recruitment process, answering questions such as: When should I start looking at schools? What factors should I consider in the college search process? How and when should I connect with coaches and schools? What are the rules for NCAA and college athletics? 


As you begin your college search process, be sure to involve your coaches, counselors, academic advisors, teachers, parents, and the Portland City United staff. 

What is the PCU philosophy?

PCU is committed to providing a positive experience for both players and parents by providing good administration, top level coaching, and access to first class facilities. PCU usually has multiple levels of teams within an age group so players can be placed at the appropriate level to develop. PCU works to offer additional opportunities like out of state tournament travel to help players grow both on and off the field.

Can you tell me more about your coaching staff?

PCU works hard to find coaches who are committed to the development of the player, through individual and team training and games. PCU encourages our coaches to continue to challenge themselves by attending coaching courses offered by US Soccer. Our coaches complete Background Checks, SafeSport Training, and Concussion training. You can find individual profiles on PCU coaches on our coaching staff page.

Is playing club soccer a year round commitment?

Due to COVID-19, please see most recent newsletter for questions concerning practice schedules, league updates and more. If you have additional questions, please reach out at

What kind of travel is involved?

As of Fall 2020: Due to COVID-19, please see most recent newsletter for questions concerning team travel, league updates and more. If you have additional questions, please reach out at Pre-COVID: The majority of the games are played in the Portland Metro area. There is an occasional trip to Bend or Rogue Valley, but these travel games are rare. Teams will often carpool or rent vans to help lessen the impact on families. PCU does like to offer several out of state travel tournament. Many of our teams travel to San Francisco and Seattle for tournaments. The trip to San Francisco is always in early March and we also tour several college campuses on the trip.

How do tryouts work?

Tryouts have currently concluded for the 2020/21 season. If you are interested in joining mid-season, please reach out at Fall and Winter Classic teams have generally have tryouts in early May (2020/21 season tryouts will be held in July due to COVID-19). Players register online for tryouts (pregistration for 2020/21 tryouts is required). Players will receive their number and be divided up into cohorts where they will be evaluated by our coaching staff to assess your player's skills, decision making, physiological/psychological aspects of their play.

What if my son/daughter plays another sport or participates in other activities?

Our club will always supports our players that participate in other activities. Please communicate with your player's coach and inform them when conflicts arise well in advance helps lessen the impact. We believes soccer is a part of a players and families life, but should never control it.

Are there different levels of classic soccer?

Teams are placed into level appropriate leagues by the Oregon Youth Soccer Association. PCU does its best to put teams into leagues where the players and team development can be maximized.

Where and when do PCU teams train?

PCU teams train at Buckman Field in NE Portland (416 NE 12th Ave). To view the most recent practice schedule, view our latest club newsletter. Buckman Field is a 245,000 square foot facility with brand new synthetic, FIFA approved turf and lights (finished Summer 2020). Our office and clubhouse are also located in the blue buidling at the NW corner of the field. Our clubhouse, (pre-COVID) offered a warm and safe place for players to gather before and after training and games. We have a conference room for player reviews and a classroom with white board for teams to use. It also has bathrooms for our player, families and staff to use. Our clubhouse is currently closed to prioritize the health of our staff and players. We have office hours on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-9pm (come to the gate outside of door, and our staff will come out to you). Masks are required.

Is there financial aid available?

Families may apply for financial aid. PCU will never turn a way a player based on financial reasons. Financial aid applications can be found on our website under the forms section. Financial aid applications must be turned in at the time of tryouts.

What fees/costs are not covered by the Registration Fee?

PCU registration fees do not cover uniform costs, out of the area travel costs for coaching staff, out of state travel (when available), and Futsal training and league fees.

What does a year look like for PCU's players?

Due to COVID-19, please see most recent newsletter for questions concerning practice schedules, league updates and more. If you have additional questions, please reach out at

What is your refund policy?

We DO NOT OFFER CLUB REFUNDS after 30 days from tryout dates, as our players have begun training and our teams have already been formed and finalized. An administration fee of $295 is charged for anyone who drops before the 30 days. We do not offer club refunds on player's $25 tryout fee. In the event of an additional COVID-19 government imposed closure, adjustments will be made. Annual fees do NOT cover uniforms, tournament fees, travel (when available), or additional PCU programs including futsal. Please reach out at with any questions.

Can my player join mid-season? What are Supplimental Tryouts?

1) E-mail us at to inquire about open spots on teams (please include what year your player was born). If there is a spot avaible, the coach will reach out and have your player attend a practice as an evaluation. If you are offered the spot, the cost will be the prorated-yearly fee, determined from the date your player joined the team. If there are no spots on the team, the coach may offer a "practice-player" spot where your player may train with the team but will not be added to the roster for any games until a spot opens up. 2) Attend Supplimental Tryouts that are offered each winter (2020 date coming soon) generally after the high school soccer season concludes. Our teams will run a regular training session with their returning players, and use it to integrate and evaluate potential new players. Players are highly encouraged to register online in advance of tryouts. There is a $25 tryout fee for online registration. On-site registration is available $35. The pro-rated club fee for joining a team through supplemental tryouts is $1120. This fee includes league, coaching, administration and field fees. This fee does not include uniforms, tournament fees, or travel expenses. Payment plans and scholarships are available. Applications for financial aid must be submitted during the registration / tryout process.